Being with Erich reminded me of some foundational principles to really integrating yoga into your life. In October 2013 I shared some of my experience from Big Mind Live with Erich at Yogaville in 2013. Now, I’m excited to share with you some of the BIG takeaways from our recent time together. I hope you can think about these, let it marinate, and share with me what you think about freedom, yoga, and life.
- Yoga is the inquiry into truth.
- Yoga is conscious union with the infinite that is being expressed by you.
- Remember to do a “Pause Practice” regularly, as often as you can remember. This is where you pause, exhale and relax. Do this whenever you remember to do it, and as often as you can. I’ll be offering a Pause Practice @ IMCW November 18th!
- Go into listen mode more often. Be attentive and aware and universal. Wisdom will have a place to come in.
- Love is the willingness to recognize that which is real.
- Regularly as yourself, “What is the Truth here really?”
- Allow yourself to “silent mind it” and be willing to not know all the answers all the time.
- Relax More. Love more. Trust more (and be brave in the trusting). This is not easy. It’s simple, but not easy.
- In your yoga practice- look for moments to linger, flow on, pause, slow down, and change it up. Channel your poses through the energy in your body. Think about what you are energizing, what thoughts you energize, and what you give your attention to.
- Find some patterns in the body that you like to practice.
- When you start a free form yoga practice, start with the postures you know and look for options and choices in the poses, and get into it a little more with the breath to help guide you. It’s important to learn from a school of yoga, get the basic form and alignment, to have some discipline around the learning of the system BUT eventually the discipline dissolves and intuitive practice guides. Do enough movements so that it feels GOOD! It’s nice to do both formal practice and free form practice.
Many of you know that behind the scenes I am a crazy voracious reader. I always have at least 3-4 books on my shelf, in my purse, my car, my life! I read something every day and I mostly love non fiction books around wellness, wisdom and wealth. These are the categories I define as well being, self help, growth, transformation; all great stories of change and love and truth (i.e. freedom).
For the past 6 months or so I have been dreaming of a way to share my love for the teachings and thoughts in these books to a greater audience, and ta-da! The Omm @ Home Virtual Book Club for Inspired Women was born. Each book has been carefully selected to help cultivate our awareness and understanding of the universal truths and wisdom practices. Sign up here to learn more and to get the reading list, starting with October’s book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Our first online meeting will be on Wednesday, October 26th @ 7:30pm. We meet on the last Wednesday of each month! If you can’t make it live, a recording will be sent to you!